Use Change Order billing to collect for the additional costs caused by changes to a project.
HINT-- Change Order billing is a very useful part of the Goldenseal accounting
software and project management software.
CHANGE ORDER Billing BASICS
When to Use | Setup | Billing
OTHER BILLING TYPES
Draw Schedules | Progress
Payments | Time
and Materials | Allowances | Rentals
WEBSITE INFO LINKS
Accounting Software | Accounts
Receivable Software | Billing
Order Software | Change Orders Software | Project
Billing commands | Billing Records |
Change Orders | Depositing
Funds | Project Accounts
When to use Change Order Billing
Use change order billing for project changes that result in a change in the overall project cost.
HINT-- You can bill for changes using "time and materials" or any other billing method, even
if it is different from the billing method you use for the main project.
Project Billing Setup
Follow these steps to set up for change order billing:
- Create a Project account for the work, if you haven't done so already.
- Create a Change Order record for the details of the change, and what it will cost.
- Enter expenses for the additional work (you'll enter the change order itself into the Applies To field
in each expense record).
Change Order Bills
To create bills for several sets of project change orders, follow
- Choose Billing from the Bank menu, and choose Change Orders from the submenu.
- Double-click on each project with change orders that are ready to bill, and turn on the ones that are ready to bill now. Click OK.
- Click the Create Bills button.
- Goldenseal will create Billing Records with a Change Order breakdown.
To create a bill for change orders on one project, follow these steps:
- Choose Billing Records from the Bank menu.
- Click the New button.
- Enter Project into the Account Type popup menu.
- Enter a project into the Account field.
- Enter Change Orders into the Breakdown popup menu.
- Goldenseal automatically fills in a list of Change Orders that are ready to be billed for this project.
- Turn on the checkmark for change orders that are ready to bill now.
The Goldenseal software shows the following information in each column of a change order billing record:
Bill-- Turn on the checkmark to bill for this item now.
Change Order-- Goldenseal lists each Change Order for this project.
Base Amount-- Goldenseal lists the base amount for each change order.
Calculation-- Goldenseal lists the calculation method for each change order.
Material Cost-- Goldenseal lists the total of all material costs for this change order.
HINT-- This amount is the total of all Material Purchases that have
this allowance in the Apply To fields.
Other Cost-- Goldenseal lists the total of all non-material costs for this change order.
HINT-- This amount is the total of all Equipment Hours, Labor
Hours, Subcontractor Costs and Other Costs that
have this allowance in the Apply To fields.
Previous-- Goldenseal lists the amount of any previous change order billing.
Current-- Goldenseal shows the amount that has been completed in this bill.
Bill Now-- Goldenseal shows the amount that you are billing for in this bill.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page