Use Customer billing to create bills for sales that weren't paid upon purchase.
HINT-- Customer billing is a very useful part of the Goldenseal accounting software.
Customer Billing BASICS
When to Use | Setup | Billing
OTHER BILLING TYPES
Draw Schedules | Progress
Payments | Time
and Materials | Allowances | Change Orders | Rentals
Website Info Links
Accounting Software | Accounts
Receivable Software | Bookkeeping
Software | Point of Sale Software
Billing commands | Billing Records |
Customer accounts | Depositing
Funds | Sales
When to use Customer Sales Billing
Use customer billing when you sell items to a customer or provide them with services, and
don't get paid immediately.
Customer Billing Setup
Follow these steps to set up for customer billing:
- Create a Customer account for the person or business who is paying you for the
- Create Customer Payment Terms, and assign them to each customer.
- Create a Sale transaction for the items or services which you sold to the customer.
- In the Payment Method field, enter a billed payment method.
To create bills for several customers, follow these steps:
To create a bill for all sales from a single customer, follow these
- Choose Billing from Bank menu, and choose Sales from the submenu.
- Select the customers that are ready to bill now, and click the Create Bills button.
- Goldenseal will create Billing Records with a Sales breakdown that itemizes the unpaid sales for each customer.
- Choose Billing Records from the Bank menu.
- Click the New button, or choose New Record from the Edit menu.
- Enter Customer into the Account Type popup menu.
- Enter a customer into the Account field.
- Enter Sales into the Breakdown popup menu.
- Goldenseal will automatically fill in a list of all unpaid sales for this customer.
Enter the following information in each column of a sales billing record:
Bill-- Turn on the checkmark to bill for this sale now.
Ref Number-- Goldenseal fills in the reference number for each sale.
Description-- Goldenseal fills in a description for each sale.
Date-- Goldenseal fills in the date of each sale.
Bill Date-- Goldenseal fills in the billing date of each sale.
Amount-- Goldenseal fills in the amount of each sale.
Previously Paid-- Goldenseal fills the amount already paid for each sale.
Adjustment-- Enter any discounts or finance charges for each sale.
Amount Due-- Goldenseal calculates the amount currently due for each sale.
Printed Bill Statements
To print a billing statement for a customer, choose Print
Form from the File menu, then choose Billing Statement in the Form
To find and print the Sales transactions covered
by a customer bill, follow these steps:
- Choose billing records from the Bank menu.
- Find the record that lists the sales you'd like to include.
- Choose Detail Transactions from the View menu.
- Goldenseal will open the Sale transaction window and show the listed transactions in the found set.
- To print the invoices, choose Print Form from the File menu, choose Billing Invoice in the Form Type field, and choose Found Records in the Record
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page