Use Income Tax Calculators to determine where tax items appear in income
HINT-- The Goldenseal accounting software uses Income Tax Calculators to compute values in income
INCOME TAX CALCULATOR BASICS
When to Use | Entering Income Tax Calculators | Data Fields | Calculation
Time Periods | Items Included | Using Lists | Using
Income Tax Fields
Website Info Links
Accounting Software | Bookkeeping
Software | Business
Calculators | Income Tax Fields | Printed Forms | Report
Tables | Reports
When to Use Income Tax Calculators
Use Income Tax Calculators to calculate the amounts for income tax forms
Entering Income Tax Calculators
To create a Income Tax Calculator, follow these steps:
- Choose Calculations from the Options menu, then choose Income Taxes from
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Enter info for the tax field.
Enter the following information for each Payroll Tax Field:
Name-- Type in a brief name for this report field. This is the text that will appear in clairvoyant fields.
Description-- Type in a brief description of this item.
Calculation Method-- Enter the calculation method to use for this item.
Time Period-- Enter the time period to use when calculating this item.
Start Date-- Goldenseal fills in a start date for most time periods. Type in a start date for custom periods.
End Date-- Goldenseal fills in an end date for most time periods. Type in a start date for custom periods.
Items Included-- If the calculation method permits it, use the table to fill in the items that are included in this
Enter one of the following calculation methods:
Total Amount-- The total amount of all listed items in the period.
Tax Name List-- A list of each listed item's name.
Tax Amount List-- A list of each listed item's amount.
Enter one of the following time periods:
This Week-- This week (Sunday through Saturday).
Last Week-- Last week (Sunday through Saturday).
This Month-- The current calendar month.
Last Month-- The previous calendar month.
This Quarter-- The current calendar quarter.
Last Quarter-- The previous calendar quarter.
This Year-- The current calendar year.
Last Year-- The previous calendar year.
Custom Range-- Any range you'd like to include.
Goldenseal shows the current start date and end date for each period. However when you print a form or make a report, Goldenseal will adjust the
date to the appropriate range for that date.
Include the Cost Categories, Cost Locations or payroll Tax Items to use
for the calculation. If you enter more than one item, Goldenseal
will calculate the total of all listed items.
NOTE-- It's possible we will make some
changes to this part of Income Tax Calculators in future versions of Goldenseal.
Using Income Tax Fields
To use a tax report field in an income tax report, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, then choose Reports from the submenu.
- Enter Payroll into the Area popup menu at the upper right corner of the window.
- Choose a report from the Report popup menu.
- Click on the Calculator Tool-- the calculator icon in the palette on the left side of the window (beneath
the oval tool).
- Click in the layout at one corner of where you'd like the new field to be located, and drag to the opposite corner.
- You'll see a dialog to choose a calculated field.
- Choose Payroll Tax Fields in the Calculation Type popup menu-- Goldenseal will show you a list of all tax report fields.
- Choose a tax report field from the list, then click OK.
- The tax report field will be added to the layout at the selected location.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page