Can't change a record-- some of the fields
are locked / grayed out / disabled
User wants to change a record that has been "locked" by
Goldenseal small business accounting
That happens if:
- An expense transaction has been paid.
- An expense transaction has been used in time & materials billing.
Transactions-- it has been marked as cleared by entering something in the Statement field.
- Estimates-- it has been awarded to a
- It's an early version of Goldenseal accounting
software (prior to 2.3).
Some fields are also locked because it wouldn't
make sense to fill them in, even in a new record. For example, in
transactions with a breakdown, the Gross Price or Amount field
is calculated as the sum of items in the table, so you
can't type in a number there.
NOTE-- Click here for more information about locked
- User will need to locate the payment (via View--
Payment Transaction). Void or delete the payment. Save.
- User will need to locate the T&M billing
record and delete or void the record. Then save.
- Enter None into the Statement field, leave the record and come back.
- Enter None into the Estimate field in the
Project account, Save.
- First try the above. If that doesn't unlock the record, leave the record and come back.
Entered 12/12/01 by Gor. Updated 11/13/2010.