Use Chargebacks for cost adjustments in project work-- usually because
of errors or damages.
HINT-- Chargebacks are a useful part of the Goldenseal project management software.
Entering Chargebacks | Data Fields | Conditions | Status
Field | Using Chargebacks
WORKING WITH CHARGEBACK RECORDS
Entering Records | Changing Records | Deleting
Records | Voiding Records
Finding Records | Sorting Records | Fixing Mistakes
Change Orders | Contracts | Project Accounts | Subcontractor
When to Use Chargebacks
Create a Chargeback whenever you need to change the amount that will be
paid to a subcontractor or supplier.
Use Chargebacks for any of the following situations:
- Damage Penalties-- for example, if a subcontractor breaks something, you can use a chargeback to reduce the amount you pay them.
- Damage Adjustments-- for example, if one subcontractor causes extra work for another subcontractor, you can charge the first
subcontractor and reimburse the second.
- Bid Changes-- when the amount of work included in a bid is changed, use a chargeback to increase or decrease the total bid price
that you will pay. A chargeback can also be used to specify a change, even if there is no change in cost.
To enter a Chargeback, follow these steps:
- Choose Special Transfers from the Bank menu, then choose Chargebacks from the submenu.
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Enter details for the chargeback.
Enter the following information for each Chargeback:
Job Class-- Choose the type of job where the chargeback occurs.
Job-- Choose the job where the chargeback occurs.
Conditions-- Choose the type of chargeback this is.
Amount-- Type in the amount of the chargeback.
Charged Against Type-- Enter the type of account that will pay for the chargeback.
Charged Party-- Choose the account that will pay for the chargeback.
Comments? Enter comments you'd like to make about the transaction. The comments will not be shown on printed forms.
Created-- The date is entered automatically.
Record Number-- A record number is assigned automatically.
Reason-- Type in the reason for the chargeback. This text will be printed on chargeback forms.
Credit To Type-- Enter the type of account that will receive credit for the chargeback.
Credited Party-- Choose the account that will be credited for the chargeback amount.
Three types of chargebacks are available:
Charge-- The listed cost account will pay you money.
Credit-- You will pay money to the listed cost account.
Transfer-- One account will pay money to you, and you will pay money to the other account.
When a Chargeback is first created, its status is Submitted.
When you deposit funds from the "charge against" party, the status
will automatically change to Collected.
When you pay the "credit to" party, the status will automatically change
When you have both collected and paid the chargeback amount, the status
will automatically change to Completed.
Choose Planned as a status choice for a Chargeback that is not
Choose Void to cancel a Chargeback.
Chargebacks are included with other invoices when you use the Pay
If the Chargeback is a charge against a supplier or subcontractor, the chargeback amount is added to the other invoices. If it is a credit,
it is subtracted from the other invoices.
Goldenseal updates the status of the Chargeback when you make a bank payment to pay the bill.
To print a Chargeback, follow these steps:
- Choose Special Transfers from the Bank menu, and choose Chargebacks from the submenu.
- Locate the chargeback that you want to print.
- Choose Print Forms from the File menu.
- Enter one of the printed forms into the Form Type popup field. Enter Active Record into the Record Range popup field.
- Click Print
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page