This section explains the dimension layouts that are included in the Construction
They will help you to use the Goldenseal construction estimating software to figure construction costs in
residential and light commercial building projects.
When to Use | When Not to Use | Installing Dimensions
Entering Dimensions | Using
Calculated Dimensions | Entering Locations
Basic Dimensions | Foundations | Roof Dimensions | Structural
Exteriors | Windows & Doors | Finish
Dimensions | Room Dimensions
Website Info Links
Software | Construction
Software | Estimating Software
Assemblies | Cost Items | Calculated Dimensions | Dimensions | Estimates
When to Use Construction Dimensions
Construction dimensions are most useful for larger construction projects that include a wide variety of work. For example,
they will definitely help you for room additions, new construction, and major remodeling projects.
Use the construction dimensions if you need to do any of the following
types of cost estimation:
You can use the construction dimensions for any of the following types
- New Construction estimates
- Remodeling estimates
- Insurance repair estimates
- "Gut and rehab" estimates
- Estimates for building additions
- Estimates for room remodeling
You can also use them for estimating just part of a project, if you are
- Estimating Residential projects
- Estimating Light Commercial projects
- Estimating Building repairs
- Estimating Property maintenance
- Estimating Framing work
- Estimating Roofing work
- Estimating Painting or siding work
- Estimating Drywall and plaster work
- Estimating Foundation and masonry work
- Estimating Electrical work
- Estimating Plumbing work
When Not to Use Dimensions
Dimensions are not useful for very small projects that don't include many items, or that
don't cover a large area.
For example, you can probably skip dimensions for the following types of projects:
- Bathroom remodeling
- Minor repairs
If you start with the Construction
File, your company file will automatically include the layouts and
calculators for construction estimating.
If you start with a new (empty) file or some other Starter File, you can import the
construction dimension layouts and calculators.
To enter estimate dimensions, follow these steps:
- Choose Estimates from the Income menu.
- Click the New button, or choose New Record from the Edit menu, or find an existing estimate.
- Enter an account, estimate name and other details for the Estimate.
- Choose Estimate DImensions from the Options menu, and choose one of the dimension
HINT-- It's usually best to go through the
dimension layouts in numerical order. Dimensions on the higher-numbered
layouts are calculated from dimensions on the previous layouts.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page