Bids don't update estimates
when they change!
There is a bug in Goldenseal estimating
software versions 2.7 and 2.8 which causes
Estimates to sometimes not be updated when a bid price changes.
To work around the problem, follow these steps when you want to change the price of a bid
or competitive bid:
- Choose Bids from the Income menu, and locate the bid you want to change.
- Change the
bid amount, and hit the Enter key to save changes.
- Open the Estimate record which includes the bid. HINT--
Double-click on the Estimate field in the Bid record to open its estimate.
- Locate the bid in the breakdown table.
- Change the quantity of the bid. Goldenseal will update the bid price.
- If the bid is a 'cost per unit' bid, change the quantity back to the original
quantity. For other bids, Goldenseal will automatically change the bid quantity back to one.
In Goldenseal estimating software 2.9 and later,
bids correctly update the estimates that include them,
whenever the bid
If it's a competitive bid, the Goldenseal bidding
software will automatically
use the lowest bid.
Click here to see solutions for other errors and problems.
| Previous | Next | Getting Started Manual | Reference
Manual | Site Map | Website