Use the Company Information command to enter
basic information about your company into the Goldenseal
small business software
The Goldenseal business management software uses that information in printed forms and reports.
That way if you can change or address, phone number or logo, you will not have to redo every printed
form that uses it.
Entering Company Information
To enter basic Company
Information, follow these
- Choose Company Info from the File menu.
- Enter your company name, address, phone number and tax ID numbers as you
would like them to appear on printed forms and reports.
- Enter the date on which your fiscal year starts.
HINT: It doesn't matter which year you enter-- Goldenseal
will always use the same day and month in the proper year.
To add your logo to Goldenseal, follow these steps:
- Create your company logo in any graphics program that supports PICT format
(Macintosh) or bitmaps (Windows). HINT: You can create very simple graphics with the Goldenseal
Custom Layouts command.
- While in the graphics program, select the graphic, then choose Copy from
the Edit menu.
- Switch to Goldenseal, click in the Company Logo field, then choose Paste
from the Edit menu (Mac) or right-click and choose Paste from the popup menu
- When you are finished making changes, click the OK button.
- Goldenseal will automatically use the new logo in printed forms.
Using Company Information
Goldenseal business management software already includes the company logo on many printed
forms. When you paste in a new logo, it automatically appears on all the forms.
To include the company logo on your own forms or reports, use the Custom Layouts
command (see page 124).
The Company Info also lets you include your company name, address, phone and
other basic info in reports, contracts and printed forms. It also lets you add the current date or time,
and the start date and end date for reports that use a date range.
For example, to add today's date to a report, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Reports from the
- Locate the report you'd like to change.
- Click on the Calculator tool (see page 140).
- Click at one corner of where you'd like to add the field, and drag to the
- You'll see a list of calculators. Select Lists in the popup field at top.
- Choose Current Date from the list, then click OK. NOTE: If
you are using a new empty file, you won't see any calculators. You will see calculators if you use the
File, or if you start with a Starter File.
- The current date will appear on the report at the selected location.
Before you move on, you might want to spend some time sprucing up your logo.
Maybe someday a giant corporation will want to use the same thing, and you'll make a ton of money from it.
Start | Previous | Next | Directory | Index | Ref
Manual | Website