of Accounts window columns look funny and don't re-size
properly or stay re-sized in
Typically, the right hand column, Costs, may get way
over- or under- sized compared to the other columns. This is
convoluted and rare, but does happen - seemingly out of the blue. It
is the result
of a set of innocuous actions involving Custom Icon Order and
does not actually
affect program performance.
1) In View>Chart Of Accounts>Icon Order, reset each column's Icon Order to anything
but Custom Order.
2) Re-size the Chart of Accts window making it bigger than you'd prefer.
3) Use the black bars at the bottom of the window to re-size the columns as you'd like them
in proportion to each other.
4) In this order: use cmd-W then Cmd-I; DO NOT use menu commands or the "close box" on the
5) Re-size the Chart of Accts window to the preferred size. (more)
6) Now use the "close box" in the upper left hand corner to close the window.
7) Quit/exit, and re-open GS. The Chart of Accts
may not be at the preferred size, but you can
re-size the Chart of Accts and the columns should
NOTE-- This problem occurred in early versions
of Goldenseal construction accounting
software, and is probably
fixed by now. If not, please let us
Entered 10/26/01 by Gor. Updated 11/13/2010.