Starting with Goldenseal 3.2 we have made some minor
improvements and changes to a few of the wall framing
Assemblies in the Framing estimating cost category.
- We changed all use of chipboard sheathing to
OSB (oriented strand board)
- We added better descriptions for unit costs using fixed
stud spacing versus variable spacing
- We tweaked material quantities in some of the wall furring
- We changed one garage roof sheathing assembly to
- We added a suggested quantity
to a few wall sheathing assemblies that didn't
already have one
UPDATING OLDER VERSIONS
If you have Goldenseal 3.1 or earlier, you can import
these Assembly changes into your company file.
To add the changes, first download the update file.
Follow these steps:
- Click this link-- Wall
- Save the text file on your hard drive
and remember where it is.
Next, import the data into your company file:
- Open your company file.
- Choose Import from the File menu, and
choose **Other Update from the submenu.
- Locate the Wall_Framing_Costs text
file that you just downloaded from the website.
- Click OK.
- Goldenseal will automatically change
**If you have an older version of Goldenseal, you may not
see the Other Update command. In that case, use the Payroll Update command
instead. It does exactly the same thing.