Starting in Goldenseal payroll software version 4.1,
you can add a Payroll Tax Calculator showing gross wages
minus selected benefits. This is useful if you have a
401-K plan and want to show gross minus pension deductions
on your W-2 forms or other payroll reports.
User feature request.
How to Use
To set up a calculator showing gross wages minus benefits,
follow these steps:
- Choose Calculations from the Options menu, and choose Payroll Taxes
from the submenu.
- Click the New button.
- Enter Gross Minus Benefits into the Calculation Method
- Click in the first row of the breakdown table on the right,
and enter Benefit Item in the Class column.
- Click in the Item column, and enter the 401-K deduction
(or any other benefit you want to deduct).
- To add more deductions, hit the Enter key to add a row
to the table, and repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Fill in other details for the calculation.
- When you are done, click OK.
To add the new calculator to the W-2 printed form, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Printed Forms
from the submenu.
- Enter Employee Accounts into the Transaction popup field.
- Enter W-2 Form into the Print Form popup field.
- Click on the Calculator tool (4th row right in the tool
palette on the left side of the window).
- Click in the layout at the place where you'd like the calculator
to appear, and drag a rectangle.
- You'll see a list of calculators. Enter Payroll Taxes into
the Type popup field at the top of the list.
the new calculator you created in the
previous steps, then click OK.
- Adjust the position of items in the form.
- When you have it the way you'd like, close the layout and
Programmer note-- code changes in CPayrollRecord::GetTaxFieldTotal and