A record exported with the Save This Record option sometimes couldn't be imported into another file-- it would lose the breakdowns.
This problem most often occured when a user wanted to move an estimate from one file to another, or move Assemblies between files, using version 3.7 or earlier of Goldenseal estimating software.
User bug reports.
We finally tracked down this bug, and fixed it in Goldenseal 3.8.
We added some code a couple years ago to prevent conflicts
with existing records, when importing data into a new
file. Unfortunately we were too good at preventing conflicts,
to the point where it didn't work in some cases when
it should have. Now it works when it ought to.