Here is a history of updates for Goldenseal accounting
software and estimating software versions
2.3 to 2.9 (in reverse order). For info about newer versions,
update download page.
HINT-- You can get unlimited updates via our update
download system. That page also shows details for improvements made in versions
3.0 and newer.
Goldenseal 2.9 Update
We released Goldenseal 2.9 on 7/12/04. It includes the following improvements:
Cost Summary-- Estimates now show a summary of labor,
material and other costs, and costs per square foot
Custom Indexing-- Speed up the Find command with large numbers
More Button Options-- You can now
create buttons with a picture
More Info Windows-- We've reduced clutter
in some of the account and transaction layouts
Preferences Password Access-- You can now
control employee access to Preferences
Report Display-- You now have more control
Table Help-- Goldenseal now shows help text
for each table column
Templates from New button-- You can now
enter templates directly from the New button
Retail SALEs IMPROVEMENTS
Low Inventory Tracking-- Goldenseal checks sales inventory, and
gives several options when entering sales items
Purchase Orders-- Goldenseal now creates automatic purchase
orders to replace low inventory
UPC Codes-- Enter sales items with a
bar code reader, or by any type of product name or code
Vendor Pricing-- Cost Items now show
separate prices from up to 3 vendors
Goldenseal 2.8 Update
We released Goldenseal version 2.8 on 5/11/04. This update adds several new features:
Goldenseal 2.7 Update
We released version 2.7 on 3/29/04. This update adds native support for Mac OS X, and fixes for
a few printing problems. It also adds the following new features:
- Equipment Purchases-- Goldenseal automatically
creates an Equipment account when you buy equipment
- Hiding Overhead-- You can now "hide" overhead
and other soft costs in estimates
- European Dates-- Goldenseal now supports
all permutations of date order
- Illogical Dates-- You can now have Goldenseal
warn you if you enter a "bad" date
- Sales Reps-- You now have the option to include
all employees as Sales Reps
- Vendor Price Tracking-- You can now can
see specific vendor prices for Cost Items
Goldenseal 2.6 Update
We released version 2.6 on 2/2/04. This update adds the following improvements:
We released version 2.5 on 1/6/04. This update adds the following improvements:
- Assembly Labor and Assembly Materials-- more options for estimate line items
- Direct Expenses-- checks that cover an expense immediately, similar to Quicken
- Inspections-- for project inspections using a "checklist" format
- Rental Units-- more info about each unit
- Startup Guide-- with quick links to different Goldenseal functions
We released Goldenseal 2.4 on October 15, 2003. This update adds the following improvements:
- Binary compatibility between Mac and Windows version, for easier swaps
- Contracts can now use specs from change orders, bids and work orders
- New commands to add rows and delete rows in tables
- New records- a To Do list, and a Policies & Procedures list
- Improved record saving, with less chance of damaged records
- Appointment reminders go to specific users in the multi-user version
- Improved help fields
- More report buttons to show 'quick info' for accounts
- Support for MICR check printing
- More options for vendor withholding
Goldenseal 2.31 Update
Goldenseal 2.31 was released for Macintosh and Windows on February 12, 2003.
Version 2.31 adds the following
- For Windows users,
this is a free update-- we are sending you a copy automatically.
- For Macintosh users,
we will automatically mail you a copy if you signed up for a "three
pack" of updates. Otherwise, there is information on version
- You can now use Replace All to replace text within fields.
- The Find command is now much faster when searching on certain fields.
- We have added a new set of Prospect records, in addition to the Address Book.
- We have added a Details field to many types of records. It can hold a very large amount of text
(up to 32,000 characters).
- There are now more action buttons.
- We finally caught the last of the "memory leaks" in Goldenseal. That
means it won't run out of memory, even if you use it for many hours at a time.
Getting Started Manuals
Goldenseal now comes with two Getting Started manuals:
We have also switched to a plastic
coil binding which is more reliable than our previous bindings.
- Getting Started with
Estimating-- covers the estimating, scheduling, contract-writing
and project management features
- Getting Started with
Accounting-- covers accounting, job costs and payroll.
If you already own Goldenseal,
you can order either manual for $25, or both for $45.
The latest Getting Started manuals are also available as web documents-- click
In December 2002 we
made some improvements to the construction dimension calculators that come
with Goldenseal. To download the file, click here.
To install the changes, follow
- To unzip the payroll files,
use WinZip (Windows) or Stuffit Expander (Mac). Save the Dimensions.txt
file at a convenient place on your hard drive.
- Open your Company File with Goldenseal.
- Choose Import from the
File menu, and choose Payroll Update from the submenu.
- "Navigate" to
the place where you saved Dimensions.txt, and choose it.
- Goldenseal will automatically
replace your dimension calculators with the new ones.
Home | Goldenseal | Contact
Us | Downloads | Orders | Resellers | Users | Site